Sunday, February 3, 2008

February 3, 2008

We got another foot of snow on Friday, just in time for the opening weekend of Winterlude. It wasn't that cold and the fall was slow and steady so we weren't paralyzed by it or anything.
after the last foot of snow
I'm glad we had that huge melt after the first storm because there really wouldn't be any place to put this fresh snow. In this parking lot, all the snow is pushed to one end and I pity the person who has the end spot.
after the last foot of snow
The small mountain of snow was created anew in the College Square parking lot. They haul that snow away after a while. I note that it is mild enough that the snow on the pavement has completely melted after having been scraped clear.
after the last foot of snow
When I got up close to the pile of snow, I noticed a plastic Santa on top and wondered how it got there.
after the last foot of snow
This year was the first in a while where the snow clearing crew actually plowed the path between our subdivision and the next. Unfortunately, nothing has been done since Friday except to push the mound of snow up against the edge of the path.
after the last foot of snow
Coming home from the store, I asked Peter to go ahead so I could get some scale.
after the last foot of snow
I took this last one teetering myself on the top of the path that some intrepid humans had made over the snow pile. I wouldn't want to try to shovel it by hand now (too densely packed) but I am hoping someone may come along with a small snow blower and clear it out before too long.

No comments: