Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October 24, 2007

The walk to work
I often wonder when I see something like this can, standing upright in a parking lot. Did the owner put it on the ground while getting in the car, only to forget it and drive off? I've done that, with things on the roof too! It was still there when I walked home after 1 pm, but then it was lying on its side.
The walk to work
It was after 8:30 am when I walked by the construction site and nothing was happening behind the fence.
The walk to work
But when I turned and looked north, I saw that the sidewalk and the west lane were blocked.
The walk to work
On the way home, the blockage had moved to the middle of the road and cars were driving around the obstruction on either side.
The walk to work
Speaking of roads, I took a photo of the street corner at Woodroffe and Navajo but it is typical of many corners on the big roads. In order the push the Walk button, you have to reach over the mud. Or, if you can't reach, you have to step in the mud. Perhaps some pavement could be applied to the bare area around the post? I am convinced that in spite of Walk buttons and such, streets are not designed for pedestrians at all. Another case in point...
The walk to work
This is the corner kitty-corner to the last one. There, at least the pole is right beside the pavement. However, in the winter, snow gets piled up against the pole and eventually, a pedestrian cannot reach the Walk button unless she climbs up the snow pile. Wait for pictures in months to come.
The walk to work
I liked this view of the library with the nice tree in front. You can just barely see the top of the Nepean bell in the centre of the circle with the tree, although you can see its support. (You can click on a photo, go to Flickr and then see it larger.)
The walk to work
Finally, as I was crossing in the Castlebrook Village from Plunkett, I thought the fallen leaves looked awfully pretty, blanketing the ground like that.

No comments: