Friday, October 26, 2007

October 26, 2007 (afternoon)

I took most of these pix yesterday but the geese were still there today, pausing in their exodus to warmer climes.
Geese
I've seen them more densely populating the soccer pitches but you take what you can get in the way of snap shots.
Geese heading to the pond
Here, they are walking toward the pond for a refreshing dip, after eating all that grass.
Goose poo
And here is what they left behind on the pavement. Again, this sort of thing has been more densely represented but I couldn't find a spot where there were more than one of the little logs of poo without backing up enough so that they then wouldn't be in close-up. The poo logs are generally bigger than one of my fingers.
Construction
This is the construction site from the west side, looking east toward Marshy's. You can see the fire hydrants and there are different kinds of pipe piled up. They have also installed storm sewers.
Fall at the ball diamond
I thought this was just pretty, with the leaves scattered on the ground and some stuck to the fence.

2 comments:

8675309 said...

"Poo logs" made me chuckle.

Yep, it's one of those days.

JuliaR said...

Glad I could make you laugh, especially on one of those days. But it's Friday!