Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5, 2008

Spring flowers
This little pansy popped up in the garden, even after I cleared all the plants out last Fall. It must have self-seeded and I do see them all summer long, here and there. Despite the fact that I didn't deliberately plant it, I let it stay because pansies are so cheerful.
Spring flowers
On the other hand, despite the fact that this is also a cheerful yellow volunteer, I am afraid it has to go with all its brethren.
Spring flowers
My mixed bag of tulip and other bulbs that I planted last Fall has done its work. The crocuses were first but they are long gone.
Spring flowers
They open right up when the sun's out and close up when it's not.
Spring bird
Finally, the cardinal again, this time set against the fresh new green of the maple tree. All this new growth makes for pollen everywhere and so I am glad I do not suffer from allergies.

No comments: