Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29, 2008

Almost May! We have had a run of extremely beautiful weather which ended yesterday and I think I have been outside the entire time and so not blogging. I even have a tan line on my arms! But now it has got cold and damp which is more normal for this time of year so I will post a few pix.
Spring proceeds
I took this photo of the construction site on the 18th, one of those gloriously sunny days. The roof trusses are in place.
Spring proceeds
Here it is on the 28th (a grey day) and there is plywood on the roof now. There are several other buildings going up too - I should go take pix of them. Some of them have their back "yards" (we assume it is the back) smack up against the bike path in the Centrepointe park. I can just imagine them sitting out on a nice day, staring at people walking by within a few metres... maybe they'll put up a fence? I'm still not convinced about the planning.
Spring proceeds
My few tulips are up on the back now - the crocuses have long since faded. Peter has taken some pix of tulips downtown but has only seen one full bed of them in bloom. These are some daffodils by the old Nepean City Hall. they were under a layer of snow fencing all winter but they are looking good now.
Spring proceeds
This is that tree in the 'hood that was buried in snow up to its first fork. Who'd have thought it would ever be seen again?

No comments: