Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December 11, 2007

It's snowing now but it was just threatening to do so when we took a walk in the park. Peter took the following photos and you will notice some of them are much better than my usual, which is why I'm giving him the credit up front.
December 11, 2007
They have just paved the roads at the construction site! I don't think they have foundations in but there is asphalt down on the roads. I wonder if it is to make plowing snow over the winter months easier? I would think that the heavy machinery will tear it all up by the time construction is finished but I also guess they know what they are doing.
December 11, 2007
The burbling fountain at the entrance to the Centrepointe Park has been shut off for the winter (obvi!).
December 11, 2007
Here's the sun, trying to shine through the clouds and not being very successful.
December 11, 2007
On the other side of the street, by city hall, the ice is being put in at the outdoor rink. This is normally a reflecting pond (not very deep) and they take most of the water out and then make proper ice with a Zamboni. It still looks very rough so I think they have more flooding and scraping to do.
December 11, 2007
I didn't hear exactly what they were saying but I assume they are going to be working on the ice. The hose is out and ready to go. And I found it interesting that two of the people were wearing hockey helmets. I don't think I've noticed that before but it makes sense to wear a helmet if you are going to be working on ice.
December 11, 2007
These small trees (or are they bushes) have all their seed pods still hanging on them.
December 11, 2007
And these too.
December 11, 2007
Not sure what kind of tree this is but the berries make a nice colourful touch to the winter scenery.
December 11, 2007
Finally, look at all those bunny tracks! I am not sure how many bunnies made them but they are everywhere. I can only hope they have a nice warm place to spend the night, somewhere I suppose, under all those trees.

No comments: