Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! I have had the pleasure of family visiting but now they have gone home and I have been looking for something to blog about. We are currently getting yet more snow but I didn't take the camera with me when I ran out to the store today.
no snow banks!
I checked what pix were on the camera and the only one for this blog was from yesterday, showing they have finally removed the giant snowbanks from the main road. It makes it so much easier to get around, without having to scale small mountains. I'll have to take the camera with me when I head to the gym tomorrow and see what there is to see then.

2 comments:

Granny J said...

I wish we'd had some snow along with the cold front that happened our way! Usually, it isn't quite as cold once it has snowed here.

JuliaR said...

Hi GrannyJ, sorry I forgot to comment to your last comment - it's a two-fer today!

It works that way here too, in that it is usually warmer with snow. It's the low pressure cell that causes the snow and therefore the warmth. Of course, if the jet stream bends south, we get cold too. For the last week or so, we have been hovering around the freezing point which is mild. You really have to get the woolies out when it starts to dip below minus 15 C (+5F doesn't sound as cold!).