Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10, 2008

plowed sidewalk
People are still digging out. There are enormous snow banks to traverse - I feel I should have ropes, an ice axe and pitons. I wore my a-line skirt today and the knee high boots and was glad I had for climbing the snow banks. A narrow or pencil skirt would have made it impossible and anyway, I wouldn't have wanted to hike it up because of the cold this morning. Yikes! Talk about insult to injury. It was minus 17C this morning not including the windchill. With the sun out, it has now warmed up to - 7 but really, I think it is supposed to be warmer. But even so, the sun is melting snow and ice. Every few minutes, something slides off my roof and smashes to the ground. It'll be a while before the grass sees the light of day again but there are stretches of bare pavement here and there.
sun dog
This morning I saw a large sun dog and tried to get a photo of it and failed. You'll have to take my word for it - it was quite pretty through those bare branches.

No comments: