Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 20, 2007

Back on November 5, I noted a pile of cardboard over at Plunkett and wondered how long it would be there. It did stay for several days, but then one day, it was gone.
abandoned chair
Now, in the same location, it has been replaced with an upholstered chair. The chair actually looked pretty good and its four wooden feet were sitting on the seat cushion. After last night's rain however, I am not sure what condition it wil be in.
road paving
Yesterday, I thought I would follow up another earlier post by showing the paving that has been completed on Centrepointe. I didn't examine it up close so time will tell how bad it might get over the winter.
construction site with distant "bonus"
I thought I'd take another shot of the construction site itself. They hauled away one of the big high hoes but there is still one working in the site. But there are many survey marks now and the crushed stone has been deployed so I think it is time for the foundations. As I was taking the photo, I noticed a small flock of geese coming in for a landing, and as I zoomed in on them, I saw the small garbage pick-up truck, trundling around the park. The garbage does get picked up nicely in the park but you rarely see them at work, doing it.
gutter cleaning and repair
When I got home, I saw someone had been hired to not only clean out the gutters but fix them as well. Good work!
snow!?
Finally, this morning, I looked out the back window and noticed something white at the exit of a downspout. When I went to look, I saw that it was snow! There wasn't snow anywhere else and it is above zero, but there it was, nevertheless. I am guessing that precipitation overnight congealed at the base of the downspout. But usually, it would come in the form of ice, not snow, so it is still a bit of a mystery.

No comments: