Sunday, November 4, 2007

November 4, 2007

It has turned into a grey sort of day but I hadn't been out for a walk so we took a turn around the hood, this time including Millrise. It seems that without the dog, I don't get over there any more.
bird walk
These starlings were having a noisy meeting at the top of this tree. They make quite a variety of sounds. I know a lot of people don't like them but they can be quite entertaining to watch.
bird walk
I'm never sure what will prompt me to take pictures on a walk but today, it seemed to be bird feeders. I admired this nice feeder, as it had a copper roof and a mesh that would keep out squirrels but allow small birds inside to access the seeds.
bird walk
This pretty feeder was next and silhouetted against the red leaves, it made a nice picture.
bird walk
The big acorn was cute but I'm not sure how practical.
bird walk
Peter spotted a giant paper wasp nest, right on the end of the branch of this big maple. I hadn't noticed it at all during the summer and I'm hoping the residents of it have left for good. It looks fairly tattered so maybe it can be knocked down safely. I think we should leave something like this to the experts.
leftovers
As usual, there is always someone who forgets to bring in the garbage container, even though pick-up was three days ago.

No comments: